We are a Roman Catholic parish serving the communities of Stroud Green, Crouch End and Hornsey.
The parish was founded by the Augustinians – Canons Regular of the Lateran or CRL in 1884. Today we are part of the Archdiocese of Westminster.
Locally, we are part of Haringey Deanery which comprises St Peter’s and the parishes of Our Lady of Muswell, Muswell Hill; St. Francis de Sales, Tottenham; St. Ignatius, Stamford Hill; St. John Vianney, West Green and St. Paul the Apostle, Wood Green. We also have good links with the adjacent Anglican parishes.
With an average weekly Mass attendance of around 540, the parish mirrors the diverse makeup of London with almost 100 nationalities represented among our congregation.
- Be open and welcoming to all
- Support and accompany those in need
- Encourage and support each other in our faith
- Offer our faith to others
- Celebrate the liturgy of the Church with dignity
- Make our church a place of prayer and peace
The Parish boundaries
St. Peter-in-Chains Parish is bounded by Priory Road and the High Street to the north; the main line railway to the east; Park Road, The Broadway, Crouch End Hill and Hornsey Rise to the west; and the Gospel Oak to Barking railway as far as Stapleton Hall Road, then the Parkland Walk to the south.