Click headings with arrowheads alongside to show or hide information.
We wish all parishioners a happy, restful summer and welcome all who may be visiting at this time.
Work began on Monday 13th August and by Wednesday evening the porch superstructure was gone. The photos below show its passing!
We welcome Fr Andrew O’Connell, Fr David Stewart, Fr Dushan Croos, & Fr Peter Gallagher & Fr David Ardagh-Walter, who will be supplying whilst Fr Sean is on leave.
• Weekday Mass – Monday, 30th July to Friday, 31st August. There will be one Mass each day, Monday to Friday, at 9am during this period. Any changes will be announced by the Priest and put on the notice board as and when they occur.
• Exposition of Blessed Sacrament & Benediction will not take place on Fridays or Saturdays and will resume on Friday, 31st August & Saturday, 1st September.
• Saturday Morning Mass & Confessions – There will be no morning Mass or Confessions on Saturdays. Both will resume on Saturday, 1st September. Please see a priest after Mass if you wish to receive Confession.
• Rosary Prayer Group – Please note we will continue to meet throughout August on Tuesdays & Fridays after the morning Mass in church. Gabriella Olaniran
• Priest General Surgery – There will be no surgery in August. This will resume on Tuesday 4th September from 5pm-7pm
• Special Feasts – The Transfiguration of the Lord – Monday, 6th August. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Wednesday, 15th August (Holy Day of Obligation). Mass at 9am (no evening Mass).
• Soup Run – If you are able to help the Soup Run during the August holiday period to make sandwiches, drive and/or distribute to the homeless in Central London, please contact Kit Greveson on 020 8340 0557 / 07507 138 582 or email Kit at email@example.com We meet every Saturday at 4pm to make sandwiches for approx. 2 hours and at 6pm to drive/distribute, again for approx. 2 hours. Please just turn up to make sandwiches if you are free. Many thanks.
• Altar Servers – We will still need Altar Servers at Sunday Masses – so please come to the sacristy whenever you are present. It would be helpful if parents took home an alb to be washed and returned during the holidays.
• Counting Teams Appeal – We are likely to be short of Counters on Monday mornings during August. Can any Counters who attend Mass on Monday and are able to help that morning please speak to Steve after Mass and find out if they are needed. Thank you.
• Ushers & Offertory helpers at the Sunday 11:15am Family Mass – During the August period when many are away please come forward and assist when needed. Thank You
• The July/August rotas for Linen, Planned Giving and Money Counters, Soup Run, Readers/Readings & Eucharistic Ministers, are available online here and at the back of the church on the newsletter stand. Please take a copy. If for any reason you are unable to cover your duty please make alternative arrangements. Thank you.
A fond farewell!
After 25 years of faithful service to the parish Cathy Bruce who leads the Music/Choir at the 9:45am Mass will be leaving us to return to her home town, Salford, Manchester, in the first week of September. There will be no 9am Mass on Saturday, 1st September instead we will be celebrating a Mass of Thanksgiving at 12noon here at St Peter’s followed by a bring and share lunch at Holy Trinity Church (Groves Room) Granville Road, N4. All welcome!
Fr William’s Appeal
News from Fr William who is so grateful for all support will be published on notice boards shortly. Lesley Pippet
Parish Raffle Tickets
Tickets will be on sale next weekend 4th/5th August after all Masses. Please check the notice board in the porch for winning tickets.
SEEDs – our Saturday Club that brings together people with learning difficulties, their families and friends will next meet on Saturday 1st September, 2-4pm at St Peter-in-Chains School Hall. Hope to see you there! Debbie, Derek, Mary and Kayte 0777 939 4424.
CENSUS – We are asking all parishioners to complete a registration form with the details of their household so that we can make sure that the information we hold is up to date. If you missed completing a form at Mass over recent Sundays – and many thanks to all who did complete one! – forms and pens are available on the Newsletter stand. Please return completed forms to the parish office. Thank you.
St Peter’s School, Stay and Play Group – will resume in the autumn term.
Church Cleaners needed urgently – Mondays after the 9am Mass. If you are able to spare an hour or so please come along on Mondays after the morning Mass. Many thanks
July – Congratulations to Alexander Rasuri (8th), Freddy Pearson-Paige (22nd) & Edward Causer (29th)
August – Sunday 26th August – Zac de Silva & Wylder Offer-Readman
Fresh Produce – If anyone has extra veg and or fruit from their garden/allotments, the London Catholic Worker in Mattison Road would greatly appreciate this. Please deliver to Giuseppe Conlon House, 49 Mattison Road, Harringay N4 1BG any day after 5pm. Tel. 0208 348 8212
Will you connect the poor with the powerful? – CAFOD is looking for Catholics in this area to share their faith with their MP. Write 3-4 times a year on a topical issue to support those living in poverty around the world. No experience needed as information will be provided. Online or by post. See www.cafod.org.uk/mpc or contact Tony on 0208-449-6970 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. “Love is civic and political, and it makes itself felt in every action that seeks to build a better world.” – Pope Francis
Summer accommodation in London – Allen Hall Seminary in Chelsea offers comfortable rooms in central London in July and August. Beautiful gardens and chapel. Rooms from £50 per night (including breakfast). Website: www.allenhall.org.uk Email: email@example.com Telephone: 020 7349 5600 (option 0).
Diocesan Job Vacancies – Please visit http://rcdow.org.uk/diocese/jobs/ to view all vacancies.
Thank you for your Sunday offerings. Giving by text – You can give the Parish £5 by texting “Parish STROG” to 70800. You can also donate online to the parish at https://parish.rcdow.org.uk/stroudgreen/donate/ This method allows you to add Gift Aid to your donation.
Newsletter deadline: – please submit items for the Newsletter before midday on Thursday. Note that pressure of space means items may have to be edited.
Please pray for:
Rose Carroll, Christian Overal, Antonio Neto, Zintra Sansom, Maria Graham, Brenda Buzec, Amy Gordon, Annette Donivar, Margaret Bradley, Caroline Hilton, Karin Summers, Graham Summers, Joan Summers, Alex Robertson, Helen Kozlowski, Lena Cavaciuti, Don Brewis, Roman Cholij, Adeline Oyekoya, Mary Wallace, Bruna Moia, Sister Pia, Margaret Whelan, Kitty Madden, Ann O’Grady, Clare Bruce, Brendan Whelan, Claire Marchand, Mike Coombes, Joel Maitre, Pamela Roberts, Mira Lidstone, Gemma Francis, Fr David Williamson, Sheila Dredge, Augustine Okonta & Richard Simon.
Home Visits – If you are sick or housebound and would like to receive Communion please let the parish priest know so that he can arrange for a Eucharistic Minister to visit you at home.
In Hospital – If you or anyone you know is going into hospital, please register as a Catholic with the hospital staff and let your Parish Priest know if you wish him to visit.
Those recently deceased:
Service times and Mass intentions
6:30pm (Sat) – MASS – Int. Kathleen Lavin (Get well)
9:45am – SUNG MASS – Int. Cathleen Malone RIP
11:15am – FAMILY MASS – Int. Patrick Scannell RIP
7:00pm – MASS – Int. All the people of the Parish
Weekday Masses – Year 2, Week 20: Daily Prayer – Week 4
MONDAY 20TH AUGUST – St Bernard, Abbot & Doctor
9:00am* – MASS – Int. Bernadette Thomas (Thanksgiving)
TUESDAY 21ST AUGUST – St Pius X, Pope
9:00am* – MASS – Int. Don Griffiths RIP
WEDNESDAY 22ND AUGUST – The Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary
9:00am* – MASS – Int. Paulette Bourgeon RIP
THURSDAY 23RD AUGUST
9:00am* – MASS – Int. Constance McCrohan RIP
FRIDAY 24TH AUGUST – St Bartholomew, Apostle
9:00am* – MASS – Int. Holy Souls
7:30pm – No Holy Hour during August
SATURDAY 25TH AUGUST
9:00am* – NO MASS during August
9:30am-10:00am – NO CONFESSIONS during August
9:30am-10:00am – NO EXPOSITION & BENEDICTION during August
6:00pm-6:20pm – NO CONFESSIONS during August
See the priest after Mass if you wish to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation/Confession
SUNDAY 26TH AUGUST – 21st Sunday of the Year (B)
6:30pm (Sat) – MASS – Int. Mary & Frank O’Shea RIP (Anniv)
9:45am – SUNG MASS – Int. Sisters of Providence (Deceased)
11:15am – FAMILY MASS – Int. Elizabeth, Steven & Josif Carey RIP
7:00pm – MASS – Int. All the people of the Parish
9:00am* – preceded by Morning Prayer at 8:45am
The Liturgical Calendar of feasts can be found here
SUNDAY 29TH JULY
8:00pm – PADRE PIO GROUP – Sisters of St Gildas’, 36 Dickenson Road
TUESDAYS IN AUGUST
10:00am – NO LIFE ASCENDING GROUP – Resumes 11th September
5:00pm-7:00pm – NO PRIEST SURGERY – See Fr Sean without an appointment – Resumes 4th September
WEDNESDAYS IN AUGUST
7:30pm – NO LEGION OF MARY – Resumes 5th September
THURSDAYS 2nd, 9th and 16th AUGUST
11:00am-1:30pm – THURSDAYS TOGETHER – meet your neighbours for a friendly chat, light lunch available – Holy Trinity Church Hall
Thursdays Together will be closed August 23rd, 30th and September 6th.
FRIDAYS IN AUGUST
1:30pm – NO STAY & PLAY GROUP – St Peter’s School Hall, Elm Grove – resumes after Scholl Holidays